Saturday, April 16, 2005

Ammy In My Tummy

Hunger is a funny thing to have. Mind you, it is not like Intelligence which sticks around for hours together doing nothing and sinks without a trace when you need it the most. Hunger is more cat-like in that it lurks there all the time, makes sure you are defenseless before pouncing upon you mercilessly.

The initial pangs of a massive attack had surfaced when i was surveying the pantry. A few loaves of bread. Good. Blackberry Yoghurt. Better. Mango Smoothie. Even better. Strawberry Smoothie did you say ?? Perfect way to start your weekend morning.

As the yoghurt cans shiver at my menacingly approaching profile, my room-mate interrupts me. There better be a good reason.

"They all have Gelatin."
"Gelatine ? I did not buy dynamite."
"I said they have Gelatin. Ughgh"

By the way, If i forgot to mention already, my room-mate's eating habits are indistinguishable from that of a rhinocerous. Dark Green. So green that the tava used to make egg scrambles is made to lie around locked in a cupboard which is quite some distance away from the rest its bretheren. An ughgh from someone like that could mean a lot of things.

Ah, well. "Gelatin" reads the ingredients chart on the pack. Given the current situation the only thing that could stop me was Cyanide. But since it is a discomforting thought to have stuff that rhymes with explosives in my intestine, i fell back upon the Right Honourable Wikibaba. After a few anxious seconds, he gives some good news and some bad news. The good news is that the one that explodes has an 'e' to it. Thanks. It is reassuring to know that food cannot explode after consumption. The bad news is that the one without the 'e', the one that is present in all those delicious looking yoghurts, is primarily derived from hooves, bones, tendons, ligaments and cartilage of vertiberate animals. I debate the idea for a second. Eggs are okay. In fact eggs are doubly okay. But boiled hooves and cartilage ?? Blech.

Hunger just shook its body. I see it pawing the sand in anticipation. Hmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dodo..u ate jellies n jew-jips all ur life n suddenly realised wat gelatine is huh?!