Friday, April 13, 2007

Nethu Rathiri Yamma

Everyday I walk into office with red-shot eyes, the inevitable question of "Did you lose sleep last night" is raised. Everyone seems to have convinced themselves that its because the of the World Cup and I choose to let them believe. Saves a lot of embarrassing questions.

Before I go into this blog, a few disclaimers
1. I am not ashamed of the fact that my first time was in my late 20s.
2. I am not ashamed of the fact that it was almost an every day affair at home till few weeks back
3. I am not ashamed if people think I am not acting my age by posting about all this.



The problem in our country is that we always put up a very closed projection of ourselves to the public. We frame a set of 'rights' and 'wrongs' for our children. Thus, children aren't given the right exposure at the right time and when they become adults, its only obvious that they get attracted and even become enslaved to all that they missed when they were younger. If only I was allowed to indulge when I was younger, I am sure I would have gotten over it years back and this new found craze wouldn't be as demanding as it has become.

My first time (obviously when I was alone, what were you thinking) was just plain earth-shattering. But just as addictive. And after a while, you start telling yourself you are not addicted, but are just interested. But the truth is there for everyone to see. Closed rooms, prolonged hours with yourselves, showing physical strain and tiredness, the usual - I was well and truly an addict. This makes the part where you come out of the closet to explain things to people doubly difficult. I have had, and am still having a difficulty. But not anymore. Not after this blog.

My one request to all my brothers and sisters out there. Do not be afraid to confess. You are not alone. It is only human to develop a taste for it. Don't heed those sniggers from behind your back. They are all ignorant or jealous or both. Just keep getting better at what you are doing. One day, they would all know what they been missing.

Note : Text below emboldened, increased in size and generally made prominent after
a) a few mails which range from minimal insult to outright libel
b) a few mangled cooking pans at home. Surprisingly, their misshapen form resembles my silhouette.

Viva Final Fantasy XII. Viva God Hand. Viva PS2.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a joke. What is this about exactly? It could be one of several things?

Tyler Durden said...

It can mean only _one_ thing :-). Final Fantasy XII is Role Playing Game (RPG) from Square Enix that is just mind blowing. God Hand is a action/adventure game by Capcom that someone at home loves (until the day when she couldn't clear a certain level and got stuck ;-)) and my Playstation 2 makes sure that I still remain addicted to video games.

Just Me said...

ROFTL! :)

And I thought grown ups didn't know how to have fun :P

EnGeetham aka "My Song!" said...

jm: Grown up? who ? Where ? ;)

Anonymous said...

@engeetham - et tu Brute?!

Ram said...

dei- one paragraph was enough to find out what it was :P
vetti dog!

Anonymous said...

I was into it for a while and then got to do it with a whole gang - this was Doom and later Quake on the network.

-- I am not ashamed if people think I am not acting my age by posting about all this.

--> Guess this was one of the clues to what you were talking about! :-)) ROFL

prem said...

I used to do it in school. The first time I only watched and it was fascinating. I used to do it in my friend's place. Later did it in college. I sometimes can't control and keep doing it over and over and over again for hours on end.
BTW, even if u were allowed to indulge in it when younger, you wouldn't have got over it. You only just get better at it :-) ( Ahem, like other things I presume)

Viva AOE (n), Viva Half-life (n), Viva Doom (n) , Viva Quake (n)
where n=1,2...

-Prem

PS : Never knew u had a blog, never knew it was this funny :-)