Friday, January 14, 2005

Cherie

I dont believe in Love at First Sight. Valmiki might insist that it happened, but i have a sneaking suspicion that both Ramar and Seetha did have some previous run-ins before they eventually did the "Annalum Nokkinal Avalum Nokkinal thing" (He looks, She looks, Love happens). Maybe that is why when we met for the very first time in college, i dont think i even noticed her again.

There are others who look better, no questions asked. But isnt beauty something that has to do with the beholder's eyes ?? Does she probably stand out of the rest in other areas ?? Definitely not on first look. One had to be with her to know that what she looks like is not necessarily how she is. After the usual initial hiccups, we suprisingly got along just fine and the times we have had, they were just about brilliant. Long trips with the chill air right on the face, no one else around, just the two of us. Boy, I reckon those were the times when i wanted to shout "I am The King of The World", but silently let it go coz it was too cliched.

There was this one time when someone said maybe i should start looking for a change. What shook me was when even my best friends said i need to move on. How would they not know about us ?? We had been together all along in time. When the roads were dark, she gave me light, when the path to my home was bumpy, she carried me through. When there were ups and downs all along, she stayed with me, never complaining even a bit. They have a point, they think am making life uncomfortable for me and for people around me. I am sure my mom and dad are probably feeling that way because am not moving on. But after all the times we had, i cannot just ditch her, can i ??

I defied all that was thrown at me then, its been a long time since and I have no regrets. There have been hitches allright, There were times when i hadnt taken care of her the way i should have. There were times when she let me stranded right in the middle of the road. Heck, we have even been pulled up by the police coz we were staying out late in the night. But has it changed anything ?? Has it changed the way we see each other ?? No, absolutely not. Even now, i have my folks telling me that i cannot be doing this forever and i am still telling them that this is the way things are going to be and am happy with what am doing.

All said and done, both of us understand, there is going to come a time when one of us has to let go. It is going to be a stampede of emotions for me, 9 years is not a short time on any scale and on that day, when one of us has to leave, when i look really distraught, am sure she wont cry. She never does.

My Bike - My Unflinching Love.

Now go read it again.

No comments: