Friday, March 11, 2005

SageSpeak - All Is Never Lost - VI

========================================

"You say something now", said an eager looking Iris.
"bwa"
"well, of course, something __other__ than bwa ghe wa, whatever that means".
"....", John looked like a lost puppy.
Iris giggled, said "chweeet boy" and gave something like a nibble on his cheeks and ran in.

Kathryn walked up to him and said "I am happy for you".
"I know", said a now calm looking John.
"But you didnt have to drink, you know .. She would have said Yes anycase".
"..."
"Breaking the promise you made to your mother, I dont know John, I think you shouldnt have drunk. But hey that is just me. You got the girl, Lamar and Crow would get their due and all is well."
"Kathryn, I didnt drink"
"What??"
"I said, I didnt drink"
"Again, What??"
"I couldnt bring myself to do it .. I couldnt bring myself to drink that darned thing not just because i promised to my mom, but because, because i hate the feeling of having something in me that controls me rather than me controlling it"
"Yet again, What??"
"Well, yeah .. I went a bit overboard there .. dont mind .. Bottomline is I didnt drink .. I just splashed some stuff on me to look drunk"
"But, why would you do that"
"I dont know, if i goofed up today also, which i could have so easily done, I could feign ignorance and blame the alcohol when i meet Iris again", said John with an innocent look. He just couldnt look sheepish".
"But John, do you understand that if you had screwed up today, considering the magnitude of what just happened, She would've never even looked at you ??"
"I know kathy, I know .. But i had to take my chances .. I had to give a shot .. Even if i had failed today, i would have tried again because i know something"
"which is ..."
"No matter what you do or no matter what happens, Love will always find its way."

===========================

The Oldest Member adjusted his suit. He was looking at an inebriated Arthur running into scores of people, trying to balance himself and get out of the bar in one piece. The Oldest Member couldnt bring himself to imagine how it is going to be when Arthur would meet his girl that night. He didnt know if Arthur could find his way back to the right house. He didnt know if Arthur could find the right girl that he wanted to talk to. He didnt know if Arthur could find the right words to tell her.

But he knew something. Love will always find its way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great things comes in small cases...
But this was a good one.. but a long one!!

Cheers,
Umi.

Tyler Durden said...

:-). Yep, understand its a bit long .. The original version was 7 parts, and the editor in me just went on a rampage to get it to 6-6.5. guess am getting there ;-).